Thursday, December 16, 2010

Michael Vick Loves Animals, Seeks Pet Dog


Convicted dogfighting kingpin and re-emerging NFL superstar Michael Vick says he loves animals and would even love to get another dog again someday.

After a stint in federal prison, the transformed Philadelphia Eagles quarterback says in a new interview, “I would love to have another dog in the future."

"I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process.”

Michael Vick, Eagles

Michael Vick is legally not allowed to own a dog.

He explains his unspeakably terrible cruelty to dogs in the past this way: “When I was younger I got caught up in dog fighting. It was something to do."

“I hate to use our culture as an excuse, but it is what it is. I love animals. I love dogs. I love birds. All types of animals. But it's the way I was brought up."

“Nobody ever told me it was the wrong thing to do.”

Vick now works with the Humane Society and talks to students about the evils of dog fighting. Watch him talk about his experiences after the jump ...


Michael Vick Interview

Danneel Harris Gisele Bündchen Carla Campbell Michelle Branch Dita Von Teese

No comments:

Post a Comment