Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ke$ha Says Rihanna 'Meant Absolutely No Offense'

'I'm so used to the media flipping my words around,' singer tells Complex.
By James Dinh


Ke$ha on the December 2010 issue of <i>Complex</i>
Photo: Complex

Pop-star rivalry has been around for years. Whether it was Britney vs. Christina or Mariah vs. Whitney, there's always been an underlying competition between your favorite female pop singers. But don't expect any animosity between today's stars, at least not from Ke$ha.

The wilding-out singer, who's the latest Complex cover girl, spoke with the magazine about her pop-star peers, including Rihanna, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.

"I actually think that's cool," the singer said of the female stars she's being compared to. "Out of that group of chicks, I'm the new bitch on the block, so I'm still getting used to being compared to some of the biggest pop stars in the world, but I don't take any offense to it. That just means people know my records."

Earlier this year, Ke$ha teamed up with Rihanna for the Barbadian bombshell's girl-power trek, the Last Girl on Earth Tour. Despite the duo's pairing, the blogosphere went into a fury when Rihanna recently revealed that she "didn't want the generic pop record that Ke$ha or Lady Gaga or Katy Perry could do."

The party-loving pop star admitted that she hadn't even read the quote, suggesting that the media may have taken Rih's comments out of context.

"I'm so used to the media flipping my words around that I'm sure she meant absolutely no offense to me or Katy or Gaga," said the singer. "Rihanna and me are totally cool, we were just on tour together, and I know that she and Katy are good friends. I don't take any offense because I'm sure it's bullsh-- anyway."

Based on the garbage-bag ensemble she wore to this year's MTV Video Music Awards, it seems that Ke$ha could care less about other people's opinions. "I was trying to look super-hot," she said. "I like to poke fun at when people make fun of me, because I don't take myself that seriously. People say I'm 'garbage chic,' so I thought I'd take it to the next level and make a garbage bag super f---ing chic — and I succeeded!"

As for now, the singer is focusing on her recently released Cannibal, a companion album to her debut, Animal.

Do you think there's competition between any of today's pop stars? Share your thoughts below!

Open the floodgates! It's Mega-Release Week, with Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Ne-Yo, Ke$ha, My Chemical Romance and Lloyd Banks all dropping new albums. Stick with MTV News for everything you need to know about the brand-new music.

Related Photos Related Artists

Ashley Greene Marika Dominczyk Sarah Polley Sunny Mabrey Willa Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment