Friday, January 14, 2011

Lil Wayne Producer Bangladesh Plans Future Collaborations With Ke$ha

'It gives her a whole new look and it shows how creative I am,' Grammy-nominated producer says of Cannibal singer.
By Jayson Rodriguez


Bangladesh
Photo: MTV News

Producer Bangladesh's biggest break came when he powered Lil Wayne's "A Milli." Then he upped the ante on Weezy's recent release "6 Foot 7 Foot." So, what does the Grammy-nominated beatsmith have in store for the new year? More of the same, actually.

Bangladesh hopes to continue his genre-bending ways, whether it's lending rock-leaning sensibilities to Lil Wayne or injecting a pop star's work with edgy hip-hop drums. He and Dr. Luke (Britney Spears, Pink, Katy Perry) recently worked together on Ke$ha's "Sleazy," from her Cannibal LP.

"I met Luke through a mutual friend, so it was like me walking into a stranger's house," Bangladesh told MTV News. "I really didn't know what to expect. But it was all love. It was kind of like the roles were reversed, like I was the biggest producer and he just had a couple of hits. Once I saw how he felt about me, I was like man, I might be the truth. [He laughs.]"

After hitting it off, they joined forces for "Sleazy," the first of many collaborations Bangladesh is shooting for with the "Tik Tok" star.

"That's a good look, because it gives her a whole new look and it shows how creative I am," he explained. "It shows how music is changing. And it shows that I'm kind of the changer behind it. The leader. I'm trying to mix the different genres where it's still convincing, like, I believe them doing this."

Related Artists

Eliza Dushku Lauren Conrad The Pussycat Dolls Kelly Carlson Eva Longoria

No comments:

Post a Comment